When you call us, we will place you with the most qualified family mediator according to the needs of your family.
We may discuss the following with you:
Who it is that needs help and why.
We will help determine what services you will require.
What treatment and aftercare plans you will need to arrange.
Ease your stress, call today get connected with a family mediator.
Intervention Support is a service provided by Foundations Recovery Network. As part of the Foundations Recovery Network, our goal is to provide science-based treatments to individuals suffering from issues of addiction and mental illness.
When you call you will be connected to a member of the Foundations Recovery Network who will assist in providing you with any questions you may have regarding the treatment process.
The treatment directory on Intervention Support is created using resources made available in the public domain. If you would like a listing removed, edited or added please contact us. If you are trying to reach a resource listing on one of the pages, please contact them directly through their website or contact information provided.
JCAHO The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) is the national evaluation and certifying agency for health care organization and programs in the United States. JCAHO strives to improve health care for the public. FRN is proud to be affiliated with several JCAHO accredited facilities.
As more people are introduced to the idea of an intervention, they ask about the success rate associated with the process.
Many people are hesitant to use an intervention without knowing if it will truly help their loved ones. Fortunately, a well-structured, organized intervention moderated by a professional interventionist often leads to success.
Goals of an Intervention
Each intervention has at least two main goals – getting the addict to seek treatment and to help repair any damage that exists within the addict’s family.
An addict suffers from numerous health problems and is at risk of developing serious medical complications, such as heart problems, liver failure and communicable diseases. Proper treatment is the best way to ensure that the addict is able to become drug-free and reduce the risk of future health problems.
A true intervention will address the damage evident in all participants affected by the addiction.
Drug addiction is a horrible disease that usually affects whole families. The friends and loved ones close to the addict are often submerged into a world of chaos, confusion and anger. The effects of the addict’s actions often interfere with other people’s lives, especially family members.
Success of an Intervention
Accomplishing these two main goals often reflects a successful intervention.
To gauge the success of an intervention, the goals of the intervention must have been accomplished. If the addict seeks treatment due to the events of the intervention, then the intervention is a partial success. If the family members affected by the drug addiction have also been able to find some solace after the intervention, then another goal has been met.
Chance of the Addict Seeking Treatment
According to Dr. Jerry Law, more than 80 percent of all addicts who participate in an intervention seek treatment within 24 hours. Of the remaining 20 percent, more than half enter into treatment within a week. This is a very high success rate and suggests that an intervention is highly recommended as the initial phase in drug recovery. Interventions help drug addicts come to terms with many, if not all, of the adverse effects associated with their addiction. Once they are aware of the far-reaching consequences of drug abuse, most addicts actively participate in the treatment process.
Success Rate of Helping Family Members
Helping family members requires numerous steps that must be accomplished. First, all attendees of the intervention should be educated on addiction and the motivation behind compulsive behavior. This helps them start understanding the actions of the addict. Then, all members are instructed on how to cope with the negative emotions they are experiencing. As a whole, the intervention team must come to terms with the addiction and learn how to focus their motives on helping the addict seek treatment.
Education and training provided by the interventionist will help affected family members find a way to repair the harm caused by drug addiction.
In terms of educating and helping family members, every intervention can be considered a success. Once the goals of the intervention have been established, evaluating its success is simple.
If you need help determining whether an intervention is right for you or your loved one or if you have questions regarding the effectiveness of an intervention, contact us today.